To be a vibrant institution, dedicated to providing a high standard and well maintained road network to support the economic and social development of The Gambia.
To Provide Safe, Reliable and Well-maintained Road Network for Socio-economic Development of The Gambia.
Fundamental to the culture of the Authority and the way we execute our Mission are the following core values:
- Road User Focus: to be responsive to the road user needs whilst observing social and environmental
- Excellence: to exercise professional competence, ethics, and transparency. Do it right at the right
time and with enthusiasm.
- Integrity: be honest and trustworthy. Show respect for others and courage in our actions.
- Innovation: be creative, examine options, and challenge assumptions
- Accountability: be responsible and answerable for our actions to ensure prudent management of the trunk roads network to realize value for money.
The National Roads Authority is composed of two main Departments. They are:
- Technical Department
The Technical Department or the Engineering Department is basically responsible for the coordination, implementation and administration of road works in The Gambia. In addition, the Technical Department provides assistance and advice to the Government on all issues relating to road construction and maintenance for the achievement of the socio-economic development of the country.
- Finance and Administrative
On the other hand, the Finance and Administration Department provides financial and administrative support function to the Authority by formulating and implementing appropriate policies for the efficient and effective resource mobilization and management.