July 15, 2020 / By nraadmin
Public Relations Officer (PRO)
Applications are invited from suitable qualified Gambians to fill the vacant post of a Public Relations Officer (PRO) at the National Roads Authority (NRA).
1. Organisational Position
The Public Relations Office (PRO) is under the Office of The Office of the Managing Director. He/she reports to the Managing Director on the day-to-day execution of his duties. He/she is the mouth-piece of the Authority and is responsible for the issuance of “official” version/explanation/clarification and/or community engagements as may be necessary from time to time.
He/she is required to liaise with all Department/Unit Heads to solicit information for dissemination to the public especially issues relating to road safety and road projects and maintenance activities.
2. Duties and Responsibilities
· Planning publicity strategies and campaigns on roads related issues especially new and existing road projects and Road maintenance activities.
· Hosting radio and television programs and interviews on all roads related issues.
· Dealing with all issues related to roads.
· Ensuring the liaison with the law enforcement agencies such as the Mobile Traffic Police on Roads and Traffic matters.
· Writing and producing presentation and press releases on all road related issues.
· Dealing with enquires from the public, the press and related organizations on all issues relating to the road sector.
· Speaking publicly at interviews, press conferences and presentations on road related issues.
· Ensuring the adherence to road corridor right off way.
· Any other duties as assigned by the Managing Director
3. Qualification and Experience
· Diploma in Public relations, Mass communication and journalism or any related field from a recognized institution.
· Three years’ work experience in the areas listed above or a similar position.
All interested candidates are required to submit an application letter, CV and attach all relevant certificates sealed and address to:
The Managing Director, National Roads Authority (NRA),
Bertil Harding Highway,
Bijilo, West Coast Region
Remuneration: the position is in Grade P of the Revised NRA Salary Scale.
Closing date: Thursday 23rd July 2020 by 12:00noon. Applications received later than this deadline will not be considered.